OSP Engineering Manager & GIS- Hudson Valley, NY
Poughkeepsie area, NY 12601 US
OSP Engineering Manager & GIS- Hudson Valley, NY
Want to join a group of industry veterans building a Fiber network in the Hudson Valley, NY?
Our client is building fiber infrastructure throughout the Hudson Valley and is hiring a OSP Engineering Manager & GIS for their OSP/Fiber build. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and be located near the Poughkeepsie, NY area
The OSP Engineering Manager & GIS will support the OSP Engineering Director in executing regional field engineering requirements while maintaining project completion guidelines for yearly facility buildouts, line extensions, and general maintenance. This position will require some travel to the job sites and maintaining engineering directives. The role will develop accurate project plans, manage projects from inception to completion, ensure efficiency and completion on time and within budget. Communicate and coordinate with internal departments, as well as construction contractors, as necessary to guarantee project deadlines and commitments are met on time. Ensure proper metrics are obtained for documenting on-going job status updates and resolve any conflicts or issues that may arise.
- Maintains the design and development of outside plant equipment installation, modifications, upgrades, and construction activities for region.
- Supports designs of line setup and staking specifications, and cable and line extensions.
- Conducts job costing activities and prices out job components.
- Assists in the planning, analysis, and recommendations in support of new construction of outside plant network structures and facilities. Including Fiber to the Home (FTTH) and Fiber to the Premise (FTTP).
- Oversees permitting with State, Local and Federal agencies.
- Obtains regional right-of-way use approval.
- Leads regional team of Engineers on acquiring field data.
- Serves as lead role for maintaining all contractor as-built changes and assisting the Mapping department with updates to drawings.
What will catch our eye:
- Knowledge in GIS and Microsoft Office
- Experience with Google Maps/Earth, AutoCAD, ESRI, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of standard practices in Telecommunications
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of construction services, ordering and installation of the following: Fiber, Copper, Coax, and general Aerial/Underground construction supplies.
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to read and interpret legal land descriptions and easement agreements
- Ability to work independently on multifaceted projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to present facts clearly and accurately in graphic form
- Experience working to tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills
- Must be able to work overtime as required
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree strongly preferred; high school diploma required
- 5+ years of Telecom project management experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of Telecom construction
- Previous experience with State and Local permitting
- Right-Of-Way acquisition
Key Skills: OSP Engineering Manager, Design, Project Management, Outside Plant Engineering (OSP) - aerial and underground, Inside plant (ISP), Fiber, PMP, National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) telecommunication architectures, Outside Plant Fiber Network, OSP, Engineering, Construction/Vendor Management, Permitting, Facilities, Telecommunication networks design experience, Fiber to the Home (FTTH), Fiber to the Prem. (FTTP or FTTX), GIS, ESRI, ROW, OSP facilities, (UG), and fiber optic facilities. Hudson Valley, NY
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is a WBENC Certified Women s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.Com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.