Network Permitting Specialist
Pittsburgh, PA US
Our client is an established tier one vendor with a national presence and 25+ years of experience owning and operating network assets. To date, they have an expensive amount of route miles of fiber and small cells on air/under contract.
Responsible for the preparation and submittal of various entitlement applications, permits and agreements to allow installation of communications facilities on company poles, fiber, and other infrastructure. Requires knowledge of municipal processes, codes and ordinances, as well as frequent interface with local governments and jurisdictions. Must have good organization, time management and relationship building skills.
- Prepare and submit zoning and permitting applications; Monitor progress of municipal applications and facilitate jurisdictional request for additional information
- Work with design team to facilitate permit drawings and construction documents related to nodes, power and OSP construction
- Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external
- Serve as entitlement lead during weekly customer meetings, as needed
- Serves as liaison between to internal teams to obtain, administer and ensure compliance with general conditions of approvals at permit and construction stages of the project, meeting project timelines
- Understand financial information from projects impacting district, area and company financials
- Provide tracking and reporting of costs associated with zoning and building permits and ensure reimbursable expenses are billed, collected, and reconciled
- Participate in district and area pre-project planning meetings
- Coordinate with supervisor to ensure that permit submittal packages meet local and statewide municipal requirements
- Coordinate with internal partners to ensure building permits are properly closed out at the completion of construction
- Develop and maintain relationships with municipalities, including, but not limited to Code Enforcement Staff, Building Inspectors, Members of City Councils, Planning & Zoning Staffs, Commissions and various neighborhood groups
- Represent company at municipal meetings to obtain all required zoning approvals
- Manage all aspects of complying with conditions of approvals from municipalities for the installation, maintenance and continued operation of company sites
- Support internal teams on review of agreements in collaboration with counsel during installing and maintaining facilities and operating its networks
- Provides research and advice to internal clients regarding access rights, permitting and project deployment
Background Our Client is Seeking:
- Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field highly preferred
- 2+ years of proven experience working in a municipality in a Planning, Zoning, and/or Land Use capacity or Wireless industry
- Must be experienced in navigating corporate environment and working within a corporate group context
- Knowledge of applicable planning, zoning codes and regulations affecting site development
- Experience in presenting and speaking to the public and governmental entities
- Familiar with requirements for zoning applications and supporting documentation including presentations for neighborhood or public hearings as required by local jurisdictions or as requested by respective property owners
- Comprehension and understanding of construction plans, standards, terminology and surveys
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to travel to local governments and municipalities as needed required
Permitting Specialist Jobs, Telecom Permitting Jobs, Permit Specialist, Permit Coordinator, Permit Applications, Entitlement Applications, Local Jurisdictions, Permit Drawings, Construction Documents, Zoning Codes, Zoning Applications, Florida Jobs, Jobs in Florida, Fort Lauderdale Jobs, Jobs in Fort Lauderdale
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As telecom infrastructure staffing experts, we provide contingent recruitment, contract to hire and direct hire placements on a national basis. We utilize our deep telecom industry knowledge combined with a solid understanding of our client and candidate needs to provide a fair, transparent and diverse recruiting process. We believe that our specialized niche is a key differentiator and that it is a good business practice to do the right thing every time. We provide top-notch wireless and wireline talent and value-added recruiting services to impact our clients and candidates in a positive way.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is a WBENC Certified Women s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.Com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.