Fiber Design Engineer - Los Angeles CA
Los Angeles, CA US
Design of routes within the fiber network to provide fiber-based services. Maintenance and rerouting of existing network traffic. Maintain fiber optic network database by tracking fiber enclosures and location and inputting information into fiber data management system.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks - Essential Functions
- Strategically plan out new builds, overbuilds due to growth of the company.
- Creates budgetary pre-sales packages and proposed routes.
- Design routes for fiber-based services. Point to point, redundant and diverse traffic.
- Researches existing databases, files and records for purposes of network design, optimization and relocation of fiber facilities.
- Estimates and provides design schematics of path, distances and quantity of splicing work to be performed for fiber projects, relocation of existing fiber facilities and restoration of existing traffic.
- Ensures fiber optic database is current and accurate by inputting data regarding location of fibers and fiber enclosures into the data management system. Maintains database by accurately updating information as necessary.
- Ensures inventory of customer premise equipment, including fiber circuits and electronics, is accurate by inputting data into inventory management data base and maintaining information as changes occur.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers, internal personnel, both at system and corporate offices, and with outside contacts.
- Organizes workday efficiently to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
- Assists in the accomplishment of company objectives by performing other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- HS Diploma, GED
- Proficient ability to use current office productivity software and AutoCAD
- Proficient with standard office equipment
- Basic knowledge of design techniques, tools and the ability to function independently of supervision
- Proficient analytical, organizational, and time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
- Basic knowledge of Fiber Network Design preferred
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies we support:
Wireless: 3G, 4G, 5G, LTE, BTS, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is a WBENC Certified Women s Business Enterprise.