Fiber Construction Inspector
Dalton, GA US
Our client is an established tier one vendor with a national presence and 25+ years of experience owning and operating network assets. To date, they have an expensive amount of route miles of fiber and small cells on air/under contract.
Extensive locate experience, experience with the installation of Underground/Aerial fiber, 811/Damage prevention knowledge, Splicing experience.
The Field Construction Inspector position monitors the work of contractors to ensure quality control and contract compliance for projects of routine to moderate complexity.
Essential Job Functions
* Oversees, inspects, and monitors contractual field work which includes excavations, boring, placement on hand hole, aerial strand and fiber cable installation, and restoration of work areas.
* Schedules work and inspection phases with contractors superintendent and agency personnel.
* Advises contractors of violations and recommends adjustments to operations.
* Takes field measurements of to verify contractor billing;checks placement of and performs quality reviews of construction.
* Recommends changes to construction plans to meet field conditions or provide project cost savings.
* Maintains project records which include daily diaries, materials notebooks, as-built plans, and pay quantity records.
* Evaluates and monitors progress schedules, prepares work orders, and monthly estimates.
* Warehouse inventory responsibilities, including: inventory management, vendor outfitting, and cable inventory management;Documenting fiber inventory and incident reporting in company systems (Microsoft CRM).
Background Our Client is Seeking:
- Must have previous experience with fiber construction
- Experience with strand mapping
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, etc.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Sharp analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to multitask to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
Fiber Construction, OSP Construction, Fiber Inspector, OSP Inspector, Fiber Documentation, Splicing, Underground, Aerial Fiber, Damage Prevention, Fiber Jobs, #tekcomjobs
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As telecom infrastructure staffing experts, we provide contingent recruitment, contract to hire and direct hire placements on a national basis. We utilize our deep telecom industry knowledge combined with a solid understanding of our client and candidate needs to provide a fair, transparent and diverse recruiting process. We believe that our specialized niche is a key differentiator and that it is a good business practice to do the right thing every time. We provide top-notch wireless and wireline talent and value-added recruiting services to impact our clients and candidates in a positive way.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is a WBENC Certified Women s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.Com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.