Construction Superintendent (South Plainfield, NJ)
South Plainfield, NJ US
As the Construction Superintendent, you will play a critical role in overseeing all aspects of the construction process, from planning to execution. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and providing quality control to ensure the project stays on schedule. This position requires a hands-on approach to construction site management, and you will be responsible for providing daily reporting and leading safety meetings.
To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of 5 years of construction supervision and management experience. Additional certifications, including OSHA 30.
If you're an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Construction Superintendent with a passion for delivering high-quality construction projects on time and on budget, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. Join our team and take your career in construction management to the next level!
- Work collaboratively and effectively with the Construction Project Manager throughout the project.
- Ensure all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy.
- Lead jobsite safety meetings and maintain safety log.
- Ensure the job-site is maintained in a clean, safe manner. Rectify any job site hazards immediately.
- Accurately and timely prepare daily reports and field documentation.
- Create and manage project punch list with subcontractors and customers.
- Work with Project Manager on obtaining all requirements of the local jurisdiction to obtain required permits and final approval or certificate of occupancy prior to completion date
- Schedule and attend municipal inspections.
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities.
- Manage multiple subcontractors and vendors across several trades to assure that specifications are met.
- Oversee, conduct, and document weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors as necessary
- Regularly inspect work being performed on the project to ensure quality is being achieved
- Manage construction scheduling on a tight timeline
- Orders materials and schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process.
- Must maintain positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Regularly review contract documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings, testing requirements, manufacturer s installation instruction, as-built requirements, close-out requirements, etc.) with team members and subcontractors and to ensure they are being followed.
- Track and manage closing documents (RFIs, Submittals, Punch-lists)
- Enforce company and project policies.
- Must have knowledge of materials, methods and tools involved in commercial construction.
- Must be proficient with Email and completing and submitting daily reports.
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities and challenges daily.
- Must display strong organizational, written and oral communication skills and effective listening skills.
- Must possess well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Must have ability to interact professionally and timely with customers, vendors, management, and other stakeholders.
- Must have a critical eye and an attention to detail.
- Must show proven ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Should have relevant work experience in commercial construction.
- OSHA 10/30, CPR and First Aid Certifications preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years of experience supervising all phases of building construction projects.
- Must be able to read and understand plans, specifications, and shop drawings.
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As technical staffing experts, we are passionate and driven to provide top-notch talent to help our clients achieve their goals. We are also committed to assisting job seekers in finding the job and career path they have always wanted.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is a WBENC Certified Women s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.Com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.