Associate Project Manager
Columbia, MD US
Our client is an established tier one vendor with a national presence and 25+ years of experience owning and operating network assets. To date, they have an expensive amount of route miles of fiber and small cells on air/under contract.
Position will support Lead Project Manager on customer deployments, and/or serve as lead project manager on regional/nontraditional customer deployments.
- Project manage one or more aspects of a customer deployment on multiple applications, and ensure projects are completed according to mutually agreed upon timeline of our client and their customer and in accordance with policies and procedures
- Project manage/support all facets of an application from entry into company systems to construction complete and closeouts delivered, including, but not limited to, the following services: structural analysis, site acquisition, A&E services, land use planning, zoning and permitting, lease management and construction management
- Ensure District Manager/lead Project Manager (if applicable) and customers are aware of issues that will impact project completion or cost
- Responsible for the management and coordination of team members in obtaining and maintaining all requisite documents related to said projects including, but not limited to, modification, collocation and construction of towers (e.G., structural analysis, lease, title, applicable permits, soil samples, regulatory approvals or others as required)
- Vendor management, where applicable
- Responsible for forecasting Project Management Tool dates (e.G., initial forecast, updated forecast)
- Participate in internal & external deployment meetings as directed by lead Project Manager, and interact with carrier representative as needed
- Deal with design issues as they arise (limited lease entitlements, additional ground space needed, easements, etc.)
- Communicate and coordinate with relevant functions and parties as needed
- Utility coordination as needed
Background Our Client is Seeking:
- Bachelor s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience with wireless, fiber and/or small cell project management
- Knowledge of telecommunications/wireless project management, asset management, tower maintenance, and property management
- Knowledge of site acquisition procedures, including regulatory and permitting process
- Ability to read and understand blueprints along with and understanding of tower/roof top structural details
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of workflow problems, critical paths and institute remedies
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues
- Customer service orientation with a strong problem-solving approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of construction services: telco, power, fiber, basic construction, vendor equipment requirements, towers, lines and antennas
Wireless Project Management, Small Cell Project Management, Fiber Project Management, Project Delivery, Customer Deployment, Deployment Meetings, Site Acquisition, A&E Services, Structural Analysis, Zoning, Permitting, Lease Management, Land Use Planning, Vendor Management, Project Management Tools, Forecasting, Easements, Entitlements
Employees (and their families) have a choice of plans to purchase and enroll, including medical/vision, minimum essential coverage and/or dental. Employees can enroll in our company s 401k plan after meeting the enrollment criteria.
What We Do:
TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in providing telecommunications and network infrastructure contractors, employees and project services to businesses.
Our specialization includes telecom network & infrastructure staffing deployments including planning, analysis, design, implementation, operations and maintenance.
Technologies We support:
Wireless: 4G, 5G, LTE, iDAS/oDAS, Small Cell, VoLTE, IOT, Microwave, NOC, BTS (Base stations)
Wireline: Broadband, Fiber, Outside Plant (OSP), CATV, switching (MSC, CO), transport and provisioning
Formed by industry veterans in 2005, TekCom Resources is a full-service national recruiting firm specializing in telecommunications and network infrastructure contracting and recruiting.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Has extensive experience supporting clients in building successful teams for high-profile projects with tight timelines and budgets. Our vast network of industry contacts allows us to find the best talent. Along with our recruiting experience, our staff takes a hands-on approach in assisting hiring managers to achieve their goals and objectives.
As telecom infrastructure staffing experts, we provide contingent recruitment, contract to hire and direct hire placements on a national basis. We utilize our deep telecom industry knowledge combined with a solid understanding of our client and candidate needs to provide a fair, transparent and diverse recruiting process. We believe that our specialized niche is a key differentiator and that it is a good business practice to do the right thing every time. We provide top-notch wireless and wireline talent and value-added recruiting services to impact our clients and candidates in a positive way.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is a WBENC Certified Women s Business Enterprise.
TekCom Resources, Inc. Is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. In keeping with this commitment, we will take the steps to assure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. Accordingly, if reasonable accommodation is required to fully participate in the job application or interview process, to perform the essential functions of the position, and/or to receive all other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact: USAllRecruiters@TekComResources.Com. We are compliant with the Fair Chance Ordinance as applicable and will consider all qualified applications for employment.